Upgrades to Consider in Your New Home Design
You’ve got a vision of what your dream home will look like. Whether you love to cook or want a retreat-style master suite, your new home design comes with limitless options. Demlang Builders has thoroughly thought through the possibilities and has built several model homes with various features for your consideration.
The design stage can be one of the most frustrating parts of building a new home – the back and forth with the builder and architect, and the time consuming “showroom hopping” to select the perfect finishes, all while staying on budget! Demlang clients enjoy a “custom-built” experience, even when working from an existing new home construction floor plan. We’ve perfected the design experience in our very own showroom, allowing you to enjoy the fun part – picking out your furnishings and building products, seeing your new home come to life.
Demlang homes come standard with many features that other builders consider to be upgrades such as James Hardie fiber cement siding, Kohler plumbing products, custom Norcraft cabinets, Dupont Zodiac quartz countertops, engineered hardwood flooring and generous allowances for tile and lighting selections. But, when it comes to customization, the sky is the limit!
Keep in mind that upgrading during construction will cost less than updating later on. Here’s some of the most popular upgrades that our clients ask for – and ones we feel are well worth the investment!
Kitchen & Bath Upgrades:
- Although now is not the time to be thinking of selling, realtors state that investing in your kitchen and bathrooms will pay off when it does come time to sell your home.
- Walk-in showers are not only a popular upgrade, they are also great for aging in your home – allowing for an accessible shower in your older years.
- Shower systems are a popular upgrade in the Master bath, adding a second shower head or sprayer.
- Wisconsin weather limits the time we enjoy outdoors, however a three-season room not only offers additional living space but a beautiful view of the outdoors while in the comfort of your own home.
- Big additions, such as decks and patios, add value to your home as well as functional square footage.
- Extra exterior outlets can come in handy! Add outlets in the eves of your home for holidays lights, or consider upgraded electrical outdoors for a future hot tub.
- If you enjoy outdoor cooking, make sure to have a natural gas line added for a grill, which also can be linked to an outside gas fire pit.
- Energy efficiency and lower monthly utility bills are important to you, so they’re important to us. We stay current on building trends, such as being Focus on Energy certified, bringing the best to your new home.
- Spending a little more on premium energy efficient windows will always pay off in the long run.
- Dual zone furnaces are a popular upgrade in larger homes, allowing you to control different areas of your home separately.
- Everyone has more stuff than they think, so if you can fit it into your budget additional garage and storage space in your new home design is always worth the investment.
- Your basement can also offer additional storage space, however, finishing that space for family entertaining is also a highly recommended upgrade that is worth the cost.
At Demlang Builders, while we have a set of semi-custom homes – ones that are easily modified, we give people that “individual designed feel” throughout the building experience. Bottom line, work within your budget but invest in the extras that will make you and your family truly happy.
Our motto is, “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well,” and that is reflected in every home we build.