Enjoy Your New Home’s Open Concept and Throw a Great Party
How we use our homes has evolved over time and new home designs have changed with us. In the 20’s, every home had a parlor or a sitting room, later becoming the living room and an additional space we lovingly call the family room. Today, this area of a home is called a great room, which is centrally located and connected to the kitchen and dining area. These open concept rooms, often with high, vaulted ceilings, serve as the area to gather as a family and entertain guests, so everyone feels connected. Wisconsin-based Demlang Builders embraces the “greatness” of the great room and the new floor plans of our model homes reflect the latest in home design.
People go where the action is and if the host or the food is in the kitchen, that’s where you’ll find the party! You’ll find that our new floor plans are built for entertaining – with kitchens and great rooms flowing together in one open space design. If you enjoy entertaining, this is a must-have when building your new home.
Through the course of selecting a floor plan for your new home, to choosing your fixtures and furnishings, there are many fun features in our models to consider! A bar area, wine fridge, extra counter space in the back hall, or laundry for preparing and storing food, as well as over-sized islands, are just a few features that make Demlang homes a fun entertaining space. After you move in and unpack, you’ll want to show your home off with a great moving or housewarming party!
A great party will not only have good food, drinks, and friends but also a welcoming feel through flow, lighting, and music. Before your guests arrive, start a fire, light some candles, dim the beautiful new light fixtures, and turn on your favorite tunes. Next comes flow. If it’s game day or you’re hosting a casual cocktail party, plan to scatter food and beverage stations throughout the kitchen, dining, and great room. You may need to alter your everyday furniture arrangement, but it will definitely help keep certain areas from getting too congested.
Now to the fun part – the food and beverages! It’s helpful to decide on a theme to plan your menu around, however, the diversity of build-it-yourself bars allow your guests to select their favorites and assemble their way! Here’s some of our favorites – perfect for a new housewarming party!
Food Station Ideas:
- Soup Station – complete with oyster crackers, cheese, bacon, or whatever fun topping goes with your selections
- Mashed Potato Bar – served in your favorite glassware, such as a martini glass, with golden and sweet potatoes, green onions, shredded cheeses, crumbled bacon, cheesy broccoli, sour cream, chives, salsa, brown sugar, raisins, and whipped butter
- Burrito Bowl Bar – rice, corn and flour tortillas, chips, shredded chicken, ground beef, various beans, and toppings such as tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa
Beverage Station Ideas:
- Beer Bar – various steins and pilsner glasses featuring your favorite micro-brew selections, all in a large tub with ice
- Bloody Mary Bar – whether you feature your favorite mix or start with plain tomato juice – ingredients include hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, celery stalks, pickled asparagus, beans, onions, dill pickle spears, shrimp cocktail, olives, lemons, limes, beef sticks, chunks of cheese, season salt – options are endless!
- Margarita Bar – different flavors and fruit to add
Dessert Station Ideas:
- Trail Mix Bar – candies, nuts and seeds, dried fruits, shredded coconut, raisins, pretzels, granola mix, oats, and cereals
- Cupcake Station – guests can frost their own and add various sprinkles, candies or fresh fruit
- Fondue Bar – serve with chunks of pound cake, strawberries, pineapple, rice crispy treats, pretzels, and marshmallows
Entertaining options and recipes are endless! Pinterest is a great place to find the latest trends! While you are there, be sure to follow our page for more great homebuilding tips!
Visit a Demlang model home to envision entertaining in your new home. Let the party begin in your new Demlang home!